|Our spectacular and fun filled Fine Art camp is back by popular demand!!
Camp opens June 18th and runs through to August 9th.
The focus of Art Camp will be to study the great masters by visiting an art museum and viewing specific works on display.
After these visits, we will:
1. Learn a bit about each artist’s background to incorporate an art history component, and sketch the art they view while at the museum in their very own sketchbooks.
2. Discuss the focus each artist had, and how she/he created the work of art.
3. Encourage, and guide each camper to reinterpret the work of art they have studied using various approaches. Each child will create their own vision of what the artist was trying to express, and how the camper felt about what they saw.
4. Open up the possibility of reinterpreting two dimensional works of art using three-dimensional approaches, and vice versa.
5. Explore how the artist used his/her media to express their vision, and visual story.
6. Learn some of the techniques that the artist used.
7. Go to Central Park to create Plein Air observational studies in various materials.
8. Create wearable-art T-shirts and hats.
9. Mostly, we will have fun discovering who we are through our creative process in a safe and supportive environment as a family of artists.
Art Camp creates an opportunity for tween, and teen campers to develop their portfolios for entry into specialized ART HIGH SCHOOLS like LaGuardia High School.
Art Camp will be conducted in 2, 4 or 6 week sessions as shown below. Each class will be from 1:00 PM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday.
Ages will be 5 through 14, with no more than 14 campers per group.
Staff will consist of a Teaching Artist in Residence, with BFA in fine art and/or education background, and a high school, or college level education Intern per group.
Session option #1: 2 weeks: $800
Session option #2: 4 weeks: $1,500
Session option #3: 6 weeks: $2,200
Session option #4: 8 weeks: $2,900