Our spectacular and fun filled Fine Art camp is back by popular demand!! See Photos Here
The focus of Art Camp will be to study the great masters by visiting an art museum and viewing specific works on display.
After these visits, we will:
1. Learn a bit about each artist’s background to incorporate an art history component, and sketch the art they view while at the museum in their very own sketchbooks.
2. Discuss the focus each artist had, and how she/he created the work of art.
3. Encourage, and guide each camper to reinterpret the work of art they have studied using various approaches. Each child will create their own vision of what the artist was trying to express, and how the camper felt about what they saw.
4. Open up the possibility of reinterpreting two dimensional works of art using three-dimensional approaches, and vice versa.
5. Explore how the artist used his/her media to express their vision, and visual story.
6. Learn some of the techniques that the artist used.
7. Go to Central Park to create Plein Air observational studies in various materials.
8. Create wearable-art T-shirts and hats.
9. Mostly, we will have fun discovering who we are through our creative process in a safe and supportive environment as a family of artists.
Art Camp creates an opportunity for tween, and teen campers to develop their portfolios for entry into specialized ART HIGH SCHOOLS like LaGuardia High School.
Ages will be 5 through 14, with no more than 14 campers per group.
Staff will consist of a Teaching Artist in Residence, with BFA in fine art and/or education background, and a high school, or college level education Intern per group.
in Action VAP's Fine Art Summer Camp takes place at our
beautiful sunny studio in the Upper West Side. Each session includes
weekly trips to the Metropolitan Museum of Art where we will discuss,
sketch and be inspired by master paintings and sculptures! Back in
the studio we will create our own works of art while learning the
skills that working artists use in their own fine art.
In Action Visual Art Program, Inc.™ (AIAVAP) is a non-profit 501c3
organization that provides a unique, sequentially-structured art
education program using a visual language that all fine artists learn
to communicate through. Since 1987, Program
Director, Angela Tripi-Weiss,
has spearheaded non-profit art programs that empower children. Ms.
Tripi-Weiss, three-time Blackboard Awards winner, has been called
"one of the best visual educators in Manhattan...a tour de
force" and directed Arts in Action at P.S. 87 in Manhattan for
18 years. www.artsinactionvap.org
in Action Visual Art Program, Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation.
is held at the AIAVAP Teaching Studio located within Little Shop of
Amsterdam Avenue (Northeast Corner of 94th Street)
Studio Phone # (917) 741-2297
CALENDAR: Monday-Thurs 1:00-4:30 (No camp on Fridays)
30 ~ July 10
14 ~ 24
28 ~ August 7
11 ~ 21
$800 Two Sessions: $1500 Three Sessions: $2200 Four
fee (non-refundable fee is applicable for one year): $60 per
Admission/ Snack/ Transportation fee:
$85 per student
fee: $30 (per 20 minutes after end of class time)
Returned check fee: $35
be approved by program director): $30 processing
fee: 2nd check post-dated 30-days later max.
Discount: 5% off camp fee
Arts in Action VAP, Inc. reserves the right to cancel any
sessions due to under enrollment. Full refunds will be given and
notice given before each session begins.
due is payable by check, cash, money order or credit card. Make
checks payable to "Arts
in Action VAP, Inc"
Form ( following 2 pages) and checks may be mailed to: Arts in Action
VAP, c/o Schmidt, 711 Amsterdam Ave #10G, New York, NY 10025
registration and payments: www.artsinactionvap.org
about registration and payments: contact Registrar,
Jackie Du: (347) 471-0841